Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Colors of a Mother's Love



I was looking for some new design inspiration, and ran across a layout on Two Peas In a Bucket by HelpMeRonda (see link to her site in my sidebar) titled "Colors" - it just knocked my socks off! I immediately knew I had to scraplift her design, so I did. Mine isn't anywhere near as fabulous as hers, but I hope I did her proud anyway. Since Mother's Day is coming up (heck, isn't every day Mother's Day when you are blessed with kids?), I wanted to do something about my children or about myself as a mom, and since I had this awesome black and white photo of my kids, I knew this was the one. Aldean Tendick, on Simply Scrapping, had a forum post about the meaning of colors, so I used that as inspiration for the color meanings and their relationship to being a mother.

This was great fun to make as well - got to root around in my overflowing paper supply and put together a rainbow of papers to use. Then I just sliced a piece of the edge of each one, arranged them as I wanted, added a few other embellishments and things for variety and interest, and there you have it. I realized as I was laying everything out that I had a bit of a circles theme going, so I just reinforced that a bit throughout. And I had a cool Cosmo Cricket chipboard heart that I painted white and sprinkled with clear glitter - I thought it was the perfect accent to all the color.

Here are a couple of closeups of the top of the layout:

The words on the colors up top are "Love" on the red, "Joy" on the orange, "Happiness" on the yellow, "Growth" on the green, "Faith" on the blue, and "Widsom" on the purple.

Thanks for coming over to take a peek! Now what can you do with a little color?

4 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful lift & I totally love the sentiments! I am very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! I may just have to scraplift this myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Very sweet picture and I love how you did little details throughout. So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and wonderful LO! I love the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love - it makes my heart sing when I hear from my lovely friends!