Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Simply Scrapping Crafts NSD Online Crop

In honor of National Scrapbooking Day, we had an online crop over at Simply Scrapping Crafts. We started on Friday, April 30th, and ended late on Sunday evening. There were loads of games and challenges and tutorials, with prizes and loads of fun and camaraderie!

The first challenge I tackled involved making a particular type of flower, and it was hosted by Bev. I made this card for my mom to send her for Mother's Day!



Then I tackled another of Bev's challenges, which was to use blocks of scrap papers to make a card of layout, so I made another card.



Then I was on a roll, so I decided to try Patricia's blind challenge. She gave us a "recipe" and some basic measurements and directions, and if you followed her directions, you came out with something like the following. This is my youngest nephew, Isaac - he's such a cutie pie!



Then there was a challenge to make a toilet paper roll brag book, hosted by Ginger, so since I happened to have some toilet paper rolls that I had been saving for just such a project, I made the following:



Then I decided to try the paper scraps challenge, hosted by my dear Amy. I used some of the scraps from the toilet paper roll brag book to make this:



And last but not least, I made a little tag album for Rona's challenge. Her example was really unique, but I just went for the easy route. I had all of these K&Co Blue Awning products, which are from my all time favorite line, so I decided to put something together with pictures of my cat, Boo Kitty, and my little dog Brandy who died almost two years ago, but who I still miss!



After all that I was too pooped to pop! I like to stand up when I scrap, because I move around a lot looking for particular things that I want to use, so after spending large portions of two days on my feet, I was ready to go back to work on Monday and recuperate (not really, but you know what I mean).

My daughter also joined me for the weekend. She was home from medical school for a few days, so she got into the scrapping groove also. She made the following as a Mother's Day gift for me:



It was a wonderful time for everyone, and we have a fabulous group of ladies over at Simply Scrapping who enjoy a good time, good friendship, and making beautiful things out of paper and "stuff". Please come over and join us anytime, and thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, all your projects are AWESOME, Theresa! And the LO you daughter made is so cool - it made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa, Love all your projects...you are on a roll girlfriend...keep it up...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love - it makes my heart sing when I hear from my lovely friends!