Saturday, June 5, 2010

My Superstar!



I made this layout for the June Week 1 Sketchy Saturday challenge over at Simply Scrapping Crafts. The sketch had a clean and simple style, which inspired me to make something with some of my son's wrestling photos. I tend to get a bit carried away with the frou-frou stuff on my layouts, so I knew he would appreciate it if I kept it a bit more "manly" on this one.

Chris has a lot of energy, and he always paces and paces around during the wrestling match while the other weight classes go before him. I don't know how he has any energy left over to wrestle when his turn comes, but he is a superstar - he just has a lot of extra energy that he has to burn off. These photos were taken during the Virginia Duels in January 2010 - he did so well at that tournament that there was a newspaper article about him! Yes, I am a proud mommy!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Great "manly" layout Theresa!!! I love the little touches: ribbon & borders, just the perfect amount to keep it CAS, masculine & classic! I like seeing this other side of you, but I so love your frou-frou style :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Theresa, I absolutely love this layout!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love - it makes my heart sing when I hear from my lovely friends!