Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Stamping and Stitching



Our challenge for the Stamp & Scrap group over at Simply Scrapping Crafts (www.simplyscrapping.ning.com) this week is to use a stamped image as the outline for stitching. I used this gorgeous cardinals stamp and some Bazzill floss to stitch portion of the pine needles. Unfortunately I'm not sure who makes that stamp - I just happened to have it in my collection, but it's one of my favorites!

I also used a Tim Holtz stamp for the snowflakes, some Webster's Pages papers from a 6x6 pad, an Imaginisce jeweled snowflake, a Stampin' Up brad, and a transparency from Little Yellow Bicycle.

I had never tried this technique before, but now I'm in love with it!! I don't have a lot of stamps in my collection (yet!) but I'm sure I'll be searching my stash for another one to try this on!

Thanks for stopping by, and visit us over at SSC in the Stamp & Scrap group to see what everyone is making, and maybe you'll get inspired to try this yourself! We'd love to have you!

Big hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love - it makes my heart sing when I hear from my lovely friends!