Saturday, May 16, 2009

Aunt Tee's Gang of Munchkins


These are my grand-nieces and -nephews. Lily is the oldest, then Bridget, then Michael (those 3 are brother and sisters), then Anastacia (their cousin), then Isaac (brother to Lily, Bridget, and Michael). I only get to see them a few times a year, but I love them all dearly and enjoy spending time with them.

This layout is the third in my series of color spectrum layouts, in which I have used the same set of patterned papers. The first two layouts are out for publication (yah me!) on Scrapbooking.com, and will be published online on July 1. I have placeholders for them here on my blog.

I really enjoy seeing how many ways I can use those sheets of paper. I don't know what made me think of this design, but it just came to me. I think we used to make these woven paper baskets when I was a kid, or maybe my kids did it when they were much younger???

I cut out the photos as silhouette shapes and used foam tape squares to adhere them to the design.

The base and the white woven part are Bazill cardstock, the papers are an assortment that I chose from my stash for their colors, and most of the embellishments are assorted things I had laying around. The blue gems are K & Company, and the rub-on letters are American Crafts Mini-Marks. The large black chipboard letters are from Colorbok - I painted them black with Ceramcoat black acrylic paint by Delta.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I am totally loving this series!! OMG, congrats on the publication, you totally deserve it! They are all fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! I've been wanting to do some "weaving" on something. I really should get that done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love - it makes my heart sing when I hear from my lovely friends!