Saturday, May 2, 2009

My G(u)ARD(ia)EN Angel



Brandy was my little Pomeranian princess who died last August from just being too old. She was such a sweetie - she fought hard those last few months to stay with us, but the old age and heart problems finally got the best of her. If there was ever a dog who deserved to be in Heaven, it is certainly Brandy.

I took this photo May or June 2008 while we were having some renovations done on the house. Brandy hated all the noise they made, especially the nail guns, so she spent most of her days out back on the deck, lounging on the chaise in the shade. Of course, she waited until I wasn't looking, and everyday would sneak off down the street to inspect the neighbors' yards for invading critters. Brandy was my constant companion and I miss her terribly.

I had some new Crate Papers, and along with some Prima pearls, my Martha Stewart border punch, my set of Paper Shaper retro flower punches, and various flowers, bangles, buttons, and beads put together this layout. I also journaled around the outer edge of the layout with a white Uniball Signo broad pen - the edges of the green background paper were already distressed white, so the journaling blends in somewhat, but in person it is easily readable, but not obtrusive.

This is a closeup that shows the stitching and the little "angel" charm that I got in a kit from Laura over at A Kiss on the Chic - she puts together awesome kits, so you should check her blog out.



The white letters are Thickers, the letters spelling G(u)ARD(ia)EN are from sei, the glittery blue letters are from Making Memories, and the little crown is from Heidi Swapp, which I embellished with Turquoise and Crystal Stickles.

I started this layout yesterday and finished it this morning after I cleaned the downstairs of the house and chaffeured my son to a carwash and ate Burger King, so I am officially declaring this my "National Scrapbooking Day" layout. Maybe I'll be industrious and finish another project today in honor of the event.

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek.

1 comment:

  1. As I said before this is so stunning Theresa! Beautiful... you are taking after Miss Fabienne! I love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love - it makes my heart sing when I hear from my lovely friends!