Saturday, July 7, 2012

It's In the Bag

Who doesn't love a nice gift bag? I think gift bags are one of the best inventions ever. But they can be terribly expensive if you guy the pretty, pre-decorated ones. Why not make your own? Our challenge this week over at The Outlawz for the Saturday Paper a la Mode group is to make a birthday gift bag.

I used a little bag that I got when I purchased something in a store, and repurposed it to a cute little birthday bag. It had a design on the front and back, so I cut out large rectangles of the green paper to cover up the designs. then I added some trims and gems and a cute little birthday card that I made using a digi from A day for Daisies. Voila - now I've got a sweet little bag.

I wasn't thinking of my daughter at the time, but her birthday is this week. She will be a whopping 27 years old! Where did the time go??? She is afraid of clowns, so I made her this cute one with red hair (she says she wants a red-headed baby someday) and lots of yellow (her favorite color). She's already seen it and thinks it is awesomely cute, so one small step toward breaking her clown phobia.



Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you get inspired to make a gift bag of your own. Stop by the challenge and look at all the other inspiration!

Big hugs to you!

1 comment:

  1. Theresa, this is a really good idea, and you made such a cute bag! :^) Love the little clown!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love - it makes my heart sing when I hear from my lovely friends!