Saturday, September 14, 2013

A MOM AND HER SOLDIER

Okay, more scrapbooking this week.  I can't remember the last time I made two scrapbook pages in a row - probably not in years.  But this week's challenge theme over at The Outlawz Saturday Paper a la Mode is MONOCHROMATIC.  I actually chose that theme, because I tend to go monochromatic a lot anyway.

I had this photo of me and my son at his recent Basic Training graduation at Fort Benning, Georgia - this was 2 days before he had to be back to college for the fall semester.  He's enlisted in the National Guard while he's going through Army ROTC at college.  Anyway, I love this picture of Chris, so decided to use it for my challenge project.

It didn't turn out strictly monochromatic, since I used a bit of blue border for the photo to match the blue on his beret, and the background paper has a hint of blue in it, but I like it a lot.  I have quite a few scrapbook frames that I've purchased from Target over the years, and I put some of my scrapbook pages in them for display.  Since I've been doing some new pages lately, I've decided it's time to replace some of the older layouts with some of the newer ones - this is definitely one I will put on display.


I chose the title "Like Mother Like Son" because I was also an Army officer.  So proud of my boy!

Thank you for stopping by!  Big hugs and showers of blessings to you!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful page, Theresa! That bit of blue really pops against the neutrals, and I love that! Great LO! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love - it makes my heart sing when I hear from my lovely friends!