Saturday, November 19, 2011

Christmas is just around the corner!

Oh, where does the time go??? Thanksgiving is this week and Christmas is just around the corner. Time to get all my Christmas cards made and sent out pretty soon!

In that regard, our Saturday Paper a la Mode challenge over at The Outlawz is to make a holiday related project (doesn't have to be Christmas, because not everyone celebrates the same) based on your own family traditions.

As far as traditions go, we don't have a lot of specific traditions - I guess mostly we tend toward the traditional colors and images and designs, but occasionally throw a curve ball into the mix.

So, I have a few cards I want to share. This first one I made for the card front swap at Crafters Digital Art Center. The vintage image is from the Etsy shop iralamijashop. I threw some colors into the card that are perhaps a little non-traditional, but then I guess that's how new traditions are made - sometimes you've got to step out of the box.


This next card uses a digital stamp from A Day for Daisies. I just adore this cute little sweetie!


Now I'm off to work some more on a special Christmas tree I am making. Hopefully it will turn out nice and I will be able to share it with everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving to you, and big hugs too!

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are adorable Theresa. Oh can't wait to see your Christmas tree project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love - it makes my heart sing when I hear from my lovely friends!