Friday, November 11, 2011

Thank You to All Our Veterans!

I am a Veteran! I served almost 9 years on active duty in the U.S. Army as an officer, and another 5 years in the Reserves, before resigning my commission altogether so I would be assured of being around to raise my son. Since leaving the military, I have continued to work with the military in some capacity, either as an employee of a defense contractor or as a business owner. A huge majority of my friends and acquaintances are either in the military, retired from the military, or are family members of military. It's been my life and that of my children for a very long time - it's what I know and love. It's my family!

Today I wanted to create a project that honors veterans. Over at The Outlawz, our Saturday Paper a la Mode Challenge is to make a project that honors veterans in some way. After a lot of thought and a million ideas - too many to actually make - I decided to create a scrapbook layout to honor my dad. My dad served in the U.S. Air Force as a young man during the Korean War, and he was very proud of his service, and even more proud of mine. This is one of my favorite photos of my dad - it's old and a little fuzzy, but still precious to me!


Much love and thanks to everyone who has served our country, and to their families and loved ones. Hugs to you all, and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. very beautiful page.. Like the post stamps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have commented elsewhere on this but need to do it again here.
    PRECIOUS is correct. A page to cherish for a liketime.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love - it makes my heart sing when I hear from my lovely friends!