Saturday, November 16, 2013

STARS UPON THARS!

Hi!  Thank you for stopping by to visit!

I just love this time of year - I can get out all my Christmas/Winter crafting stuff and just go to town!  This week I needed to make a project that uses a star and/or a snowflake.  I wanted to do something other than a card, so I put my thinking cap on and came up with a little door hanger project - L is for my last name.  Conveniently, L is also the unit my son is in at Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets, so I will let him take this back to school after Thanksgiving break to use as a decoration in the dorm if he wants to.  It's a bit "girly" for him, but I guess he can always tell everyone that his mom made it!

I used a chipboard letter, covered it in some paper, and added a few rubons and some snowflakes.  I also used some pretty gold ribbon for the hanger.

I used a chipboard star, covered it in tiny glass beads, then made some beaded drops to hang from several of the points.  Can't have too much bling!

 

The first picture is of it hanging on my front door. This next photo is more of a closeup of the star and the beaded drops.

   

 This final photo zooms in on a portion of the star, so you can see the detail of the glass beads. I love those things, although they're a bit of a mess to work with. I'm sure I got quite a few on my craft room floor - hopefully the cats don't think they're something yummy to eat!

   

I got a new camera! Can you tell? I sure can - seems like my photos are so much better. I haven't figured out how to use it other than on the "auto" setting, but why even bother when the auto does such a good job! And here's one last picture of me and my son, Chris, on Veterans Day. I went down to Blacksburg to visit him, and a really nice lady working in the Burger King offered to take out picture. I love my son's pose - so much swagger!

  
Thanks again for stopping by! Hugs and showers of blessings to you!

1 comment:

  1. Fab photo of you and your handsome son! :^)
    Love the door hanger! It's so pretty--love the glass beads, (yes, they are a pain to work with), and the beaded drops! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love - it makes my heart sing when I hear from my lovely friends!