Saturday, December 7, 2013

GETTING READY, AND A LAST MINUTE CHRISTMAS CARD

Hi, glad you stopped by!  I know everybody is so busy this month - just seems like there are never enough hours in the day to get everything done.  I'm actually just about done with my holiday shopping - just a few stocking stuffer type things to gather up and I'll be pretty much done.  But then I've got to get some packages mailed, Christmas cards in the mail, ...

I love making Christmas cards!  And I like to make each one different - I can't stand the repetition of makiing a bunch of the same thing - takes all the fun out of it for me.  Of course it's a lot faster and takes a lot less thought, but I just can't do it.

This week we are having a "Last Minute Christmas Card" Challenge over at The Outlawz for our Saturday Paper a la Mode Challenge.  I had some Tim Holtz stamps that I had never used and some leftover diecut snowflakes from a couple of weeks ago, so tried to get a bit creative.  I outlined the Santa in the large stamped image with some green Copics to add a bit of color, and I put just a teeny bit of color in his face and hands.  I also added some color to the ticket stamp.  It didn't take me long to pull this together, so I guess it fits the bill for "Last Minute".



Thanks again for stopping by, and I hope that your Holiday preparation are going smoothly, and that you take the time to enjoy the sights, sounds, and scents of the Season!  Hugs and blessings to you!

1 comment:

  1. I am too busy to enjoy the season yet! But soon, I hope, lol! :^)
    Really great way to pull a Christmas card together quickly! Love your image and embellies! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love - it makes my heart sing when I hear from my lovely friends!