Saturday, September 3, 2011

Banners, banners everywhere!

Another week and another banner! I know, I know, but I just can't seem to stop making banners. This week's challenge over at The Outlawz for our Saturday Paper a la Mode Challenge is to use canvas or fabric in your project.

I decided to make my banner panels from canvas, but I wanted to make sure the beautiful papers I used from Pink Paislee also got to shine, so I alternated the banner panels for my AUTUMN banner between the canvas pieces and the paper pieces. So for each panel I cut a larger piece and a smaller piece and layered them together.



I used some rubons to decorate the canvas pieces, and who knew rubons would work so well on a rough surface, but they did. I wanted to keep this banner relatively simple, so I used a Papertrey Ink stamp and die set to make the little center medallions, then used some more Pink Paislee alphabets in the centers to spell out AUTUMN. I wanted an odd number of panels, so I added one extra on the end and put a Basic Grey flower in the center.



I used beads to connect the panels, and the larger oblong center "beads" are actually roll up strips of paper that I taper down a bit with my paper cutter. I got the idea from my daughter's jewelry collection, because she has all sorts of jewelry from Light Gives Heat, an organization that sells gorgeous products produced by ladies in Africa. They are so pretty and colorful, and they are made from paper beads. Mine aren't nearly as gorgeous as theirs, but they serve the purpose, and I think they turned out pretty well - they add some nice coordinating color, some space between the panels, and a nice new dimensional element.



Thanks to everyone for stopping by this week! I appreciate all the love and support! Big hugs to all!

3 comments:

  1. Theresa, This is beautiful. What a great idea. Are you going to one for Christmas ;-).

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really gorgeous Theresa! You are so talented with this kind of stuff! The details on each piece are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa, I love banners and you've made such a beautiful one that can be cherished for many years to come. The colors, detail, beads, just so much inspiration packed into this, thank you for sharing. Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love - it makes my heart sing when I hear from my lovely friends!