Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Autumn Is ...



Every Wednesday at Simply Scrapping Crafts (http://simplyscrapping.ning.com/) we have a Paper Scraps challenge. This week's challenge was to make a paper-pieced landscape. I had an idea in my mind to make a housewarming gift for my fellow design team angel Amy, who I also call my "Scrappy Daughter", and I started out to make a sort of "Home Sweet Home" sort of project, but somehow it morphed into this Autumn Is ... thing.

I especially like those round "leaves" I made from some leftover glitter cardstock - I used a small circle punch I purchased from Stampin' Up via Catherine Pooler (http://catherinepooler.com/), and that little mighty mite cut through that thick stuff like butter - I'm getting rid of all my other little holes punches - they wouldn't even scratch that thick cardstock!

I also used my favorite Ippity stamp that I got from Rona Mallard at (http://scraprona.blogspot.com/) - it's what I used to make those journaling banners. That is the best stamp EVER - I would use it on everything I make if I could figure out how to work it into the design.

All the patterned papers and cardstock are from my scrap drawer. I happened to see the new Spellbinders design for cloud-shaped Nestabilities, so I mimicked it for my clouds. The house is a couple of Maya Road chipboard shapes stacked on top of one another. The little bird is from the same Maya Road chipboard set. The tiny brown alphas are from Cosmo Cricket and the tiny orange ones are from My Little Shoebox - I love those tiny alphas. I have over 10 sets of them now in all kinds of colors - they are just so versatile, but I admit to loving the neutrals best. Those two pumpkins are made from oval scallops cut out on my Cricut, folded and glued together, with a couple of little pieces of vine ribbon stuck out the top. The larger chipboard alphas are all American Crafts, and those rubons are Pink Paislee.

Now I need to get this thing into a frame (Target sells those great 12x12 shadowbox frames fo4r $9.99) and into the mail to Amy!

We also had our Creative Corner weekly challenge, and the challenge is to use cardboard. Angie Blom (http://angiesscrappinspot.blogspot.com/) made an amazingly gorgeous and creative cardboard mini-album. I can't even hold a candle to that, but I made a cute little card with a piece of cardboard that just happened to be laying around.



Thanks for stopping by! Big hugs to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That wall hanging is AMAZING!!!! It completely takes my breath away!!! I LOVE IT!!! I know Amy is going to flip when she gets it! You are such an AWESOME person!

    Love that GORGEOUS card too!!! Only you can make a piece of corrugated cardboard look beautiful and elegant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Theresa this is gorgeous!!! Stunning and breathtaking! I'm in awe of your talent!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love - it makes my heart sing when I hear from my lovely friends!