Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sisters and Rob's Stash



Grace and Bernice are two beautiful ladies who I have known for quite a few years. They are sisters. Grace recently passed away, and I had this photo of them together, so I decided to make something for Bernice as a memorial gift. I put this layout together and put it in a shadow box frame (Target for $9.99), and I will give it to Bernice this week.




One of the young men I know is heading off to college next week, so I made him a container full of goodies. I used a shortbread tin, spray painted it, then covered it with cardstock in his new school colors with some inspirational quotes and rubons. I filled it with popcorn, cookies, candy bars, other snacks, and added a sewing kit, some gift cards for local restaurants, a roll of quarters, and some cash. I think he's really going to like this.

Thanks for stopping by to look. I've got to head out to deliver Rob's gift to him this afternoon.

Big hugs to everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Theresa, you are such a sweetheart!! Both gifts are wonderful and I am sure they will treasure them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how I feel about your layout...I love the stash!! Perfect for someone heading off to college. I loved getting stuff like that. He will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a beautiful layout and an amazing keepsake for your friend. You are such a sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a beautiful keepsake gift for her. I'm sure she will treasure it. I'm also happy to know Target has the frames for 9.99-I need a few myself! Cool gift in the tin : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love - it makes my heart sing when I hear from my lovely friends!