Sunday, August 22, 2010

An Ippity Weekend

Spent some time this weekend playing around with my new Ippity stamp sets that I got from Rona! I made 3 different cards.

This first one is my favorite. I love the way the flat-stamped images on the card base work with the stamped and cutout images on the different patterned papers. The flower and the houndstooth corner are from the new "You Deserve" set, and the sentiment is from the "So This Is Love" set.



I decided that houndstooth corner could be used to make a pleated flower, so I stamped and cut out 8 of them, glued them together, and added a Prima paper flower and a coiled rose I made on top, with a little lace on the bottom.



This was the first card I made Friday night. I was trying to get something together, but my brain just couldn't pull the idea together. It's an odd color combination, but I think it turned out okay - nothing to write home about, but a decent stab at something. I still want to come up with a better way to use those background trees - I love that stamp!



Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Theresa - these are all gorgeous!! I love the way you THINK - you come up with such beautiful ideas and ways to use these stamps in a way I never dreamed up!! Thanks for always inspiring me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...card #1...STUNNING....card #2...STUNNING..and card #3....STUNNING!!!! Your talent always keeps me in awe!!! I adore your style...and most of all, I adore YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW.. I just love all your cards.. well I love just everything you do.. I agree with Kelly.. I am in AWE of your talent girl.. love youXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. all of these are amazing--I love the handmade touches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love - it makes my heart sing when I hear from my lovely friends!