Friday, August 13, 2010

Pretty Cards and Things!



I made this card for the Simply Scrapping Crafts August Week 2 Creative Corner challenge. The challenge was to make a pinwheel and use it in a card or layout. I made 3 pinwheels, but only used 2 of them on this card. I also got my Ippity groove on and used 4 of their stamps: 1 for the sentiment, 1 for the banners, 1 for the sheet music background, and 1 for the dotted background along the bottom. I just love all these new Ippity stamps I got - amazing quality and designs!

I used an Antique Linen distress ink for the background stamps to give them a subtle nature.

The pinwheels were fun to make - haven't done that in a zillion years!



After I made my "Sisters" layout last week, I used some of the scraps to make this card for the SSC August Week 2 Paper Scraps challenge. The challenge was to make rolled paper flowers - I made one medium-sized one and two small ones to add to this card. I also used an Ippity stamp for the sentiment, some additional Prima flowers, and a Stampin' Up little flower punch for some tiny flowers to accent the larger ones. I used gems and Liquid Pearls for their centers.




I was on another Ippity groove, and made this card with some more of my "Sisters" scraps. The bird and the diecut label are both cut from a Cricut cartridge. There's that gorgeous Ippity sheet music background stamp again - I think it looks really pretty on top of that Prima patterned paper. That stamp is in the same set with this sentiment stamp. And that fabulous soft blue ribbon was a gift from Rona when I purchased my Ippity stamps from her - check out her blog and Ippity stamps (an entire new fall stamp menagerie was just released yesterday) at http://scraprona.blogspot.com. Rona will take excellent care of you!

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. You make the most beautiful cards! I'm sitting here in awe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love - it makes my heart sing when I hear from my lovely friends!