Monday, March 28, 2011

Easter Egg Tree

Back last fall I made a card that had this awesome stamp on it from Unity Stamp Company, and I added golden beads to it for Autumn. Well, now that Spring is approaching - I say approaching because even though the trees and daffodils are blooming here in Virginia, it snowed and sleeted the last two days (yuck!) - I decided to make another similar tree for Spring!

And as luck (and careful timing) would have it, I have two challenges that this card is perfect for. The first challenge is Clare's Wednesday Card Challenge at Simply Scrapping Crafts. The challenge this week (actually last week, but I was slow at getting this done) was to use only one stamped image or sentiment. Actually, that's pretty easy for me, because I am not a huge stamper, but I do love this tree!

The second challenge is over at The Outlawz. The Monday Greeting Card Challenge is on today, and the new challenge is to use your favorite image, color, or sentiment in your card. Since this is my favorite stamp, and these lovely Easter colors are some of my favorites too, I think this should work out nicely!


I used the Sassafras Lass Sweetly Smitten Wee Bundle patterned papers, some Bazzill cardstock, the Unity stamp, some random ribbon and embroidery floss from my stash, and those fabulous beads came from Lisa Keifer's Etsy shop. If you don't know Lisa, she is a fabulously sweet friend and is on the design team at The Outlawz (along with many of my other fabulously sweet friends)! The beads on the tree are sewn on with just regular white thread, so they swing freely. The ones around the bottom of the tree are also sewn on, but I put a dot of glue under each one to keep them in place like eggs laying on the ground.

Thanks for stopping by! Hugs to everybody!

7 comments:

  1. How pretty! I love the added sparkly bling you used on the tree and ground. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo gorgeous!!!! What brand are the jewels that you use? Where do you get them? I need some of those? It looks like such a great easter tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! Love the gem eggs in the tree and just everything. It has a vintage feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so pretty! love the idea of an easter egg tree!! =)Tiffany
    Breakfast at Tiffany's

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so pretty!
    Huggs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love - it makes my heart sing when I hear from my lovely friends!