Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Little Birdy Told Me ...

My best friend and business partner's birthday is tomorrow. Of course, procrastinator that I am, I waited until today to make him a card. I contemplated just buying him a card, at least for a few minutes, but since he is always so good to me, I decided to invest the time and make him a card. I was looking for something "manly", and I happened to have some Teresa Collins papers on my table from a few projects ago (yes, I procrastinate at putting my things away too). And I had this cute little feltie bird from Basic Grey that I have been hanging onto, and the whole thing just sort of came together from there. It's cute, but not in a girly way, and his favorite color is blue, so I think he'll really like this.

Update: This card fit handily into The Outlawz Monday Greeting Card Challenge. The challenge this week is to make a design for a man. I'm probably a bit borderline on mine, because I can't completely go "guy" on my stuff - just too outside my style.


The cardstock is Core'dinations, the patterned papers, glittered border, and clock transparency are Teresa Collins, the felt bird is Basic Grey, and the letter stickers are all Cosmo Cricket.

Thanks for stopping by! Hugs to you all!

5 comments:

  1. this is such a fantastic card for so many reasons! I love it and I am sure so will he!
    have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!! I am so with you on the manly cards - that is just too hard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa I LOVE THIS!!! OMG it's so fabulous!!! You amaze me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet and pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love - it makes my heart sing when I hear from my lovely friends!